A good keyboard is like a Gem. Keyboards are something that we use a lot while using our smartphones, it is one of the most essential parts of the whole user experience of a smartphone. So here we have the best android keyboard app that the majority of the users would really like it.
Apple has its own iOS keyboard which people loved it simply because they don’t really have many options to choose from. But the Android users have a humongous amount of options to choose from. The OEMs like Samsung have its own Samsung keyboard which some people like it while for others it’s a hit or miss.
So we went ahead and tried a few of the most popular Android Keyboard apps available in the Play Store. We found out the best keyboard which doesn’t compromise in anything and gives a lot of customization options as well as a few of unique features that can be handy in day to day usage.
The very own Google’s own Gboard keyboard is the best android keyboard app available currently in the Play Store. The whole Pixel lineup and the Android one devices ships with the Gboard as the default keyboard app. Not only that OEMs like OnePlus even ships their phone with a built-in Gboard app as the default android keyboard app.
Why Gboard is the Best Android Keyboard App
- The Gboard app has tons of features and customizations while maintaining the basic and clean layout of the keyboard. users can choose from a long list of themes for the keyboard or can even set their own choice of image as the background of the keyboard. Besides that, they can adjust the height of the keyboard whether they want borders in between keys or not all of these options are available.
- One of the unique features of the Gboard app is the option to quickly translate the words as you type. Besides that, the app has an option to make the keyboard floating anywhere around the screen. It also has swipe to type, voice typing and supports almost all of the languages.
- The app has Gesture cursor control which means just Slide your finger across the space bar to move the cursor anywhere in the textbox.
- There is even a delete gesture where you just Slide left from the delete key to quickly delete multiple words.
- The app has a clipboard section in-built where you can store things which you copy very frequently and voila! you don’t need to copy them, again and again, it will be there forever. Apart from all this, the app has its own set of stickers and GIFs options from which users can select and share it. You can even search emojis by typing and it will show up.
- There is also an option to do Google search right from the within the keyboard you don’t even need to leave the app or go to google search app directly search and share from the keyboard app itself. It comes in handy very much while having an interesting conversation.
- The app has options to turn off prediction and auto-correction which sometimes really becomes a huge pain. The app also provides next word suggestions which in our usage was very much accurate. Not only that the keyboard even suggests emojis according to the words you type.
- Users can also enable the number row always available (enable in Settings → Preferences → Number Row)
- Lastly, there’s an option to enable Symbols hints which basically Shows quick hints on your keys to access symbols with a long press (enable in Settings → Preferences → Long press for symbols).
Download the Best Android keyboard App
The Gboard by Google is currently the best android keyboard app available in the Playstore as of now. The second best keyboard would be the Swift keyboard because of it’s similarity to Gboard and number customisations it offers.
More to read: